Dr Phumla Mnganga
Date of birth:
6 January 1968
- Doctor of Philosophy – Wits Business School
- Masters in Business Leadership- University of South Africa
- Programme in Business Leadership – University of South Africa
- Completed a Bachelor of Education Psychology – University of Kwazulu Natal
- Higher Diploma in Educational Guidance and Counselling – University of Kwazulu Natal
- Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Kwazulu Natal, majored in English and Psychology
- Matriculated at Epworth High School for Girls in Pietermaritzburg
Dr Mnganga has over 20 years’ experience in the implementation of business development strategies in line with organisational growth and transformation objectives.
Dr Mnganga obtained her doctorate from Wits Business School and her MBL from Unisa. She is the founder and Managing Director of Lehumo Women’s Investment Holdings, a women-owned and managed investment holding company. Prior to this she was employed as a HRD/transformation executive for the Tongaat-Hulett Group, and previously as a change management senior consultant at Deloitte. Dr Mnganga was the Chairperson of the University of KwaZulu-Natal and the past Chairperson of the Siyazisiza Trust, a large community trust that benefits rural women and vulnerable families. She currently serves as an independent non-executive director on the boards of directors of the Spar Group Limited, Adcorp Holdings Limited and Crookes Brothers Holdings Limited.
- Independent non-executive director: Spar Group Limited
- Independent non-executive director: Adcorp Holdings Limited
- Independent non-executive director: Crookes Brothers Holdings Limited